Summer Hair Must Haves

august hair tools, hair spray, curling iron, shampoo, dry shampoo
1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5

When living in DC, I used to dread August for the pure fact that humidity was at its peak for the year and the heat was pretty much unbearable. This is my first time not spending August on the east coast in six years and I am happy to say I am loving the dry climate out here in Nevada. Because the weather is so much better to my hair routine, I wanted to talk about some of the hair products I am loving lately and using on a daily (or at least every other day) basis. I think that these few tools have seriously changed the game for my locks.


1. Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo. I know that everyone has a strong opinion on which dry shampoo is best, but hands down, I have not found one I love more than this. I have pretty oily hair (thanks, mom!) and this stuff can keep my hair looking freshly washed for days. DAYS. If you are still looking for a dry shampoo to fall in love with, this is your stuff. And you cannot beat the price. I usually find it for around $5. Five dollars for fab hair for days? C'mon. That's a no-brainer.


2. Osis Texturizing Powder. I think I have raved about this stuff before, but it is still the ish. This powder can make your hair do just about anything. It is awesome for braiding or putting your hair up and is a lifesaver on days that you just can't do anything with your hair. I swear by this stuff and keep two bottles on hand at all times.

3. Fekkai Shampoo and Conditioner. This stuff has saved my hair from falling out this summer between days at the pool, the lake, curling irons and more. My hair has never felt so soft and it has hardly any flyaways these days. I mean, that may be partly due to the lack of humidity here, but seriously, this stuff is the bomb.com.

4. Got2b Hair Spray. I am not going to write a million sentences about this stuff. It is the best hair spray I've ever used. If you want to glue your hair in place, this is your jam. 

5. Hot Tools Ceramic 1-inch Curling Iron. Now that I have watched hours of YouTube videos and started to figure out how to curl my hair, I have never been so in love with a hair tool. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my Chi flat iron, but this curling iron is definitely a close second. It heats up super fast and it makes me hair hold a curl longer than any iron I've ever used.

Do you have any hair products you are obsessed with lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment