Weekend DIY

After weeks of searching for the perfect gold wall decor, I finally have exactly what I want on my bedroom walls. I searched all over looking for the right art to go above my bed but I kept finding that most gold pieces were gaudy or very dated. My room has a modern theme to it and I wanted to find art to match that. Enter: a weekend craft project. My friend Autumn and I decided we were going to make the pieces that I couldn't find at any store.

We started with three blank canvasses and two extras in case we messed up horribly. 

We did some research into what kind of patterns would look best and then taped two of the three canvasses. The circles ended up being done without tape.

After taping, we painted the first coat on the canvass.

The circles were made by dipping the lid of a Mod Podge jar in paint and then filling in the circle with a small paint brush. We tested other lids but this size ended up being perfect. Another great option is a lid to a mason jar-- but those were a little too large for this project.


After all the taping was done, we did one last coat of paint and let the paint dry for a few hours. It's probably best to let the paint dry overnight but I was too impatient to wait that long.

After we took the tape off, we grabbed a measuring tape and hung the canvasses on the wall. I am so happy with the way everything turned out!





Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely try this! :D

    Jen
    http://jennicawanders.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/hi-boracay/

    ReplyDelete