High Five for Friday

This week was full of wonderful things but I did my best to narrow it down to the top 5. 

1. My car came back from the repair shop and looks BRAND NEW. A few weeks ago, I went out for happy hour with some friends and parked my car in a lot downtown. When getting back to my car, I noticed that someone backed into it and the door was smashed in. I was heartbroken to see that my car had been hurt and immediately started asking around for suggestions on where to take her. After listening to my dad, I took her to get repaired last week and got the car back on Wednesday. I am so impressed with the work and am so SO happy to have my car back.


2. Last week, my BFF and I were at a friend's bar and started talking to a group of guys. They were all married but insisted on chatting with us for a long time. We ended up talking about carrot cake (I have no idea how we got on this topic) and one of them told us he makes the best carrot cake in the world. Doubting him, he told us he would make us a cake and drop it off at the bar this week. We still didn't believe him until my friend text me yesterday and told me someone dropped a cake off for "a girl that just moved back from Washington DC". Needless to say, it WAS the best carrot cake I have ever eaten.


3. My new monitor came for work this week. It is huge and beautiful and I love it! It actually arrived the same day I got my car back and it felt like it was better than Christmas. This things is going to make working from home even better.


4. Frappuccino happy hour. Nothing beats half-priced Starbucks for an afternoon pick-me-up.


5. Work trips. I am currently sitting in the airport waiting to head to Vegas for the day. It's my first trip ever where I am leaving and returning all in the same day. It's so nice traveling with just a purse with my laptop. Yay!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is one big monitor! Doesn't it strain the eyes when you use it? :)

    Jen
    http://jennicawanders.wordpress.com/2014/05/07/my-september-in-baguio/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's amazing! I am so excited to have it!

      Delete