Passport Adventure





 Top: J.Crew  Shorts: J.Crew Factory  Shoes: Shoemint  Sunglasses: Ray-Ban  Watch: Michael Kors  Bracelets: Stella and Dot and The Limited similar here

So, the other day, I decided to finally head to FedEx/ Kinkos and get my new passport photo taken. My passport expired earlier this year and I have been putting off spending the $110 for the past few months. Well, not anymore. I decided it was a perfect day to run down to the store and get my new photo taken. Because it's been over ten years since I got my first passport, I called before going to make sure I didn't need anything special to have my picture taken. The man on the other end of the line said all I needed to do was show up. Simple enough.

I got in the car and drove down to Kinkos and walked in and asked if I could have my passport photo taken. Two men in the store approached me to tell me that I could not take a photo today (even though someone else on the phone said that I could) because I was wearing the shirt above and you CANNOT WEAR WHITE in a passport photo. What?! I couldn't believe it. (Also, when did the background become white? Has it always been white? Is it only blue at the DMV?) Anyway, I was quite upset they failed to mention this on the phone and left the store.

I came back about 20 minutes later in a blue tank top thinking that I would surely have no other issues. Wrong. Apparently you cannot wear jewelry in your passport photo. Or smile. So, I took off my earrings, necklace and happy face and posed for my picture...with my hair behind my ears. 

Sixteen dollars later I walked out of the store with this gem. Oh, and just because it's Thursday, here is a little throwback thursday photo for you: my first passport picture.

PS. Why does this look so much like a mugshot? Ew.

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with Tara, Look What I Got and Three-fer Thursday today.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful look, I like how it all came together. These passport photos are always tedious, instead of having people run around like headless chicken they should tell you all requirements at once. Ohh well! you still looked stunning; something not so easy to achieve when taking these photos.
    xxxx,
    misstatybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Tatyana! I think it looks close to a mugshot with that dorky smile I have!

      Delete