Life is Short

life is short, inspirational quote

Do you ever have experiences that make you realize how short life is? Well, I did yesterday and I decided to share the story here rather than my usual post. 

Yesterday, I decided to grab lunch with my mom at this cute little soup place in Midtown. It's one of my favorite restaurants and we had so much fun indulging in chicken tortilla soup and catching up. It was a perfect little lunch and as I was driving her back to the office, we saw a pedestrian crossing the road and my mom made sure to warn me not to hit her. I joked that I have been driving for years and didn't need her advice-- a typical mom/ daughter conversation. Moments later she got out of the car and I pulled up to the stoplight replaying our conversation in my head.

As I was waiting for the light to turn green, I couldn't stop thinking about what my mom had said, "Don't hit that pedestrian!" Well, just then, the light turned green, and I watched the truck across the intersection from me turn right... into a pedestrian. I couldn't believe it. Not even two minutes before this, we were talking about this very scenario. I watched the lady fly into the air and back onto the ground and I immediately pulled over and ran to see if she was okay.

Luckily, I was not the only person who saw this woman fall to the ground, and others were calling 911 before I had a chance, but I stuck around to fill out a police report and make sure that everyone was okay. I have never seen someone get hit by a car, but it's just like it seems in the movies-- terrible. While I hated to experience something like that, it was a good reminder that life is short and we should do the things we want to do. Luckily, I think the pedestrian will be okay as she was talking after the accident, but she was taken off in an ambulance and I am sure I will never see her again.

Just keep in mind these small moments and always do what you love. You never know when you many never have another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment