Battling Humidity







Top: H&M similar here  Skirt: J.Crew Factory  Shoes: Steve Madden similar here  Sunglasses: Ray-Ban  Bracelet: Stella and Dot  Ring: BaubleBar  Necklace: Kate Spade similar here  Watch: Michael Kors

Happy July! Can you believe we are already halfway through 2013?

Because we are now in the middle of summer, it's time to talk about one of my least favorite things to deal with during the hotter months: humidity. I am still a newbie to the world of humidity and seem to have a lot of trouble finding ways to look put together when it is so hot. I've also found that my hair can't possibly look good unless it is on the top of my head.

I wore this outfit last week during one of the most humid days we've had. It was about 95% humidity when I left for work and there was literally no hope for my hair. I decided that a striped top and bright skirt were the only things to cheer me up on this muggy day. I grabbed a white cardigan for the office because we all know office buildings love to crank AC in the summer.

What do you do to battle the humidity? 

Don't forget to enter my Shabby Apple giveaway-- just a few more days!
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. cute look! the humidity is killing me too!
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the worst! I really miss dry heat about this time every year!

      Delete
  2. I was so spoiled while in SF-I forgot how awful summer humidity can be! Now that I'm back on the East Coast, I've been getting creative with braided up-dos to keep my long hair from adding even more swelter to the day.

    xx
    Christine
    www.couturebay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-- I love braids so much in the summer. I wish my hair were thicker so it would be more Blake Lively-esque, but my thin braids will have to do. So glad you are back on the East Coast!

      Delete
  3. Up do's for sure. Also try a makeup setting spray, I got a Urban Decay sample of one of there's, and oh my gosh it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG who knew there was such a thing? Looking into this asap. Thanks girl!

      Delete
  4. Lovely look. Your skirt is amazing. Also adore your wedge, I have something like this and it's my favorite thing to wear :)

    Found you via Anna's blog. If you have a sec, hope you can drop by my blog too and read my latest: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I embrace the humidity by rockin' my natural waves! Love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete