Life These Days


I have gone back and forth on what to write for this post and how to even articulate my thoughts, but after reading another real (and inspiring) post from Alison last night, I realized how much I want to share some of my crazy, all-over-the-place, thoughts here on my blog. 

As you may, or may not, have noticed, I haven't really been myself lately. Whether it is posting very limited bits of information on my blog or on my social media accounts, I am just really unsure as to how much information about my personal life I am willing to share publicly-- on any sort of platform.

The last few weeks have been really emotional in my life but I think that I am ready to share what has happened with the rest of the world: Brad and I broke up. There is it. The cold, hard truth. After 4+ years, I am now a single lady.

It has been a roller coaster of emotions, especially when he moved out, but knowing that I have a lot to look forward to in the coming months is really keeping me going. Sure, there are times that I am really sad or days that I am really not sure what to feel, but I really do believe in this decision and think that better times are coming.

The day after Brad moved out, I read this post from Grace. I think she did a wonderful job of summing up my emotions, and it was nice to know that I am not the first, or the last, person to go through something like this.

All I can say at this point is please bear with me as I go through this transition. I am sorry if my posts are not all that they could be, but I am positive that as 2013 comes to an end, 2014 is sure to be the best year yet. I am hopeful and optimistic looking ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Stay positive sweetie! The quote sums it up perfectly! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so sorry... it is the absolute worst. I know its not what you want to hear right now but everything does happen for a reason and it does get better... I swear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being so positive! You really have been inspiring me the past few weeks!

      Delete
  3. I'm proud of you for sharing this. Whether we want it to or not, our personal life does affect our blog, and our readers care about us, not just the content. It was brave to share it, and it adds depth to your blog. I know it's hard, and I know you're going through a rough patch right now, but do know your friends here at the blog and social media are rooting for you and sending you positive vibes! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I always debate what to share on my blog but I love how real all of your posts are. One day I hope to be as honest and open as you :)

      Delete