A Day to Reflect





Top: Forever 21 no longer available  Sweater: J.Crew Factory  Jeans: Old Navy  Shoes: Saks Fifth Avenue similar here  Necklace: J.Crew Watch: Michael Kors  Bracelets: Stella and Dot here and here  Hat: H&M similar here

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone for your kind words on yesterday's post. I received such sweet comments, emails, messages, etc. and it really brought a smile to my face. In addition to yesterday's post, we had a team building/ personal growth/ day of reflection at work and it really made me think about where I have come since moving to DC and where I see myself going. There has been a lot of internal reflection lately and I feel very confident moving forward.

On that note, we spent our day of inspiration in DC and I got to visit some places I've never spent much time. We started our morning with looking back on 2013 at Busboys and Poets over delicious coffee and breakfast. After hours of talking, we ended up moving our discussion to the National Building Museum where we took the time to learn about our personal strengths and learn more about working together as a team. As crazy as it sounds, I love activities like this and really feel like I got a lot from our workshop. We ended the day with a late lunch at the Sculpture Garden before wrapping everything up. It is amazing how nice it is to spend some time reflecting with others while wrapping up a solid year in the office. Now, just three more business days until I am home for the holidays. 

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with the lovely Tara, Agnes and the ladies of Three-fer Thursday today!

6 comments:

  1. i love this layered outfit of windowpane print and pink! so very pretty and stylish.

    and i just read your previous post and i'm wishing you strength and positivity to get through this tough time. i'm glad to that your day in DC went well!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sweater. Love how you styled it.

    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layered look - what a fantastic color combo. And those boots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty. I actually really like that the pattern in the shirt shows through the sweater, it adds a really pretty detail and texture to the outfit.

    xo, Ashleigh @ Fashion in Flight

    ReplyDelete