High Five For Friday

My last week in DC has been extremely busy with trying to see everyone before leaving and cram in every last-minute adventure. It was hard to pick my top five for the week but here are some of my faves:
1. Meeting Cookie Monster. My team at work and I had a blast having a mini photo shoot with Cookie on Wednesday. Team four eyes forever. Our work conference kicked off on Wednesday with many sessions, speakers and meetings but I have to say that Cookie definitely stole the show. Oh, and the fact that I got to meet Ann O'Leary was pretty awesome as well.

2. Going to my second concert in DC. Last week, a friend asked me if I wanted to go to a concert before leaving town. I, of course, said yes and am so glad I did. We had a blast at the Fillmore (which is beautiful by the way) and ended up having such a fun night. It made the next day at work a bit of a struggle but I stuck with the motto of the past few weeks: YOLO.

3. Visiting the Library of Congress. A few weeks ago I mentioned creating a bucket list of things to do before leaving DC. Sadly, I only did two of the items on the list. What I didn't realize is that the list would force me to come up with a whole bunch of other things I wanted to do in the city before leaving. One of which was visiting the Library of Congress. I have been wanting to walk inside this building since I was an intern on Capitol Hill over five years ago. Luckily I had the opportunity to see this building before heading back west. 

4. Heading to the Hill.
It's almost like my DC life has come full circle. When I first got to DC I was working as an intern on the Hill and this past week I was heading to the Hill to help inform staffers. It was so fitting to snap a pic while walking the halls of Congress.

5. Saying goodbye. It's definitely been a bittersweet week-- saying goodbye to friends from all over and also preparing for new beginnings. I hate to think that this is goodbye and am choosing to think of it more as see you soon. I'm not going to lie, a lot of tears have been shed this week but I am looking forward to all of the fun and excitement ahead. I truly hope this is not the last time I will be seeing all of my DC friends and I really plan to improve my long distance communication skills and stay in touch with you all. Thank you for every experience and opportunity you have gone through with me over the last five years. I could not have asked for anything more. 

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. stopping by from H54F...lovely pics from DC! I love that top you're wearing in #5! Have a lovely weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete