Bathroom Organization

While flipping through my latest issue of Real Simple magazine, I came across a few great organization tips (and some that I came up with on my own, thanks to their inspiration) and I wanted to share a two of my favorites today on the blog. When choosing a room to tackle first, I knew my bathroom was the least organized and decided it was the first and best place for me to start. 

Number One: Bobby Pins
Every girl knows how impossible it is to keep track of bobby pins... until now. I had an extra magnetic knife rack lying around in my kitchen because when my parents' bought me my new knife set last year, it came with a knife block and this thing was quickly thrown in a drawer. I decided to give it a new life and use it as a bobby pin holder in my bathroom, right below my mirrors. Now, I'll never have to hunt for bobby pins again. They are easy to find and easy to store. The magnets hold them in place so they don't end up on the floor... or in the trash, at the bottom of my purse or on random windowsills throughout the house.

bobby pin storage, ways to store bobby pins


Number Two: Nail Polish
I have been storing my nail polish like this for awhile now. Spice racks are fabulous for repurposing for nail polish racks and they are easy to find at garage sales and on CL. I grabbed this one a couple of years ago for $10 and spray painted it black. While it is pretty heavy, I love the way it looks and shows off all my nail polish at the same time. It is pretty and functional-- can't beat that!

nail polish, store nail polish, beauty blog tips


2 comments: