Fall Transitional Pieces

fall

Necklace/ Sweater/ Boots/ Jeans/ Skirt/ Bag

Now that Labor Day has come and gone, my brain is slowly accepting that summer is ending and fall is upon us. The cooler mornings this past week really helped me realize that it is just about time for scarves and boots. While I am really excited about the cooler weather this year (yep, the humidity has made me less of a fan of summer) I am still not ready to fully give up on my summer wardrobe.
The key to wearing summer pieces into the cooler months is all about transitional pieces. A few of my favorites are listed above. They can help take just about any piece in your closet and help you wear it for a few more weeks.
My very favorite piece to help transition to the cooler weather is a statement necklace. I find myself buying them more and more and incorporating them into my daily attire. I think they are a great way to dress up a casual top and can really help change the look of an outfit.
I have become a huge fan of animal sweaters lately. No matter what the animal, I find that I need it in my closet. Wearing them with a pair of shorts is a perfect transitional look.
Leather is EVERYWHERE these days and I think a leather skirt is the perfect way to wear the look without being too hot. Even though the weather has been a little cooler, we are still seeing mid-80s during the day around here which really prohibits the wear of leather jackets. These skirts go with just about everything and are a great addition to any closet. 


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Im exactly like you I cannot refuse an animal sweater! Have a happy Friday and be sure to check out my blog! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun! Picking out my favorite is the hard part.

      Delete
  2. Such great pieces! I am loving that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one almost identical to it this weekend! I can't wait to wear it!

      Delete
  3. Pinned this great post because I don't want to forget about those awesome riding boots. LOVE.

    xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete