Colorblind






Top: Banana Republic  Skirt: H&M similar here  Shoes: Guess  Necklace: J.Crew Factory  Watch: Michael Kors  Bracelets: Stella and Dot here and here  Sunglasses: Ray-Ban  Rings: Gifted

As you've probably noticed, I can't get enough of black and white outfits. I seem to wear these basic colors on a pretty routine basis...

Well, I think it's about time to confess my secret on the blog: I am colorblind.
Seriously.

Usually when I tell people that I am colorblind they laugh and don't believe me. I then have to find one of those online color tests and try to explain that I don't see any images in the colored dots. It's quite a process but it's pretty obvious when I try to discuss color. Like the time I tried to say that I am not 100% colorblind and I knew that my shirt was grey and yellow... and it was green. Oops.

As I said, I am not 100% colorblind but there are many colors that I cannot tell apart. Blue and purple are typically a struggle for me, as well as some greens and browns.

A common question I hear is "How can you be a fashion blogger if you're colorblind?" Well, I do my best. I tend to stick to basic colors and I have a pretty good idea of how things look together. Some  days, I am sure I make mistakes but fashion is all about confidence, right?





3 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm red/green colorblind and STRUGGLE with secondary colors - Blue and Purple specifically. I can't tell if a color is more red or green based which would make it more purple or blue respectively. People think I'm NUTS and always say, "girls can't be colorblind." Why, yes, yes they can. It's also a struggle to tell people that just because I'm color blind doesn't mean I see things in a gray scale. I think some people are disappointed when they find that out.

    Happy to have met another colorblind fashion chick!

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I am not alone! And I totally know what you mean about the gray scale stuff-- I see colors... just not always the right ones!

      Delete
  2. I love this black and white combo, especially the statement necklace! It's gorgeous and so fancy! And based on your blog, no one would ever think you're colorblind... you put together wonderful looks! :)

    xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete