Work-Blog Balance




Dress: Forever 21 love this one!  Shoes: Sam Edelman  Necklace: J.Crew Factory similar here  Bag: Target similar here  Bracelets: Flea Market find and Stella and Dot  Watch: Michael Kors  Earrings: J.Crew Factory similar here  Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs love these!

Today I want to pose a discussion question, rather than some random story about how crazy my life has been lately. (Some day soon I may share the story of missing my flight home on Tuesday, but we will leave that for another time.) Today I want to chat about how you, or other bloggers, balance their schedules. I am finding that this summer is far busier than summers in the past and I am worried about being able to get everything done on time.

For example, I have three trips coming up in the next few weeks, two of which run into each other meaning I won't be home for over a week. Plus, I have my real job, catching up with friends, dinners, and more.

So, how do you keep everything in balance? Do you have a monthly blog schedule? Do you set aside a time every day to blog? Do you schedule your posts weekly? I have heard of a variety of ways to keep blog posts consistent but I would love to hear what works best for you.

Please let me know in the comments.

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up with Tara and Three-fer Thursday today.

6 comments:

  1. It's definitely work to keep a blog alive and kickin', right? I plan + shoot + write posts ahead of time and then dump 'em all in my content management system on weekends, and then tweak them again right before they're set to go live. I keep an editorial schedule, but nothing that my regular 9-5 and social life can't support. :)

    Great outfit- love the blue!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I am thinking it's time for me to give up some time on the weekends to schedule everything... but that requires planning ahead! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

      Sara

      Delete
  2. Stunning outfit! I love your purse


    xoxo
    Oby Grace
    http://ispyoby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous Doll! That dress is perfect for summer. I agree with Ashley, when you create your post ahead of time it's easier to keep your life on track and balanced.

    - xoxo
    Lindsay
    http://www.SequinsandStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! I am thinking I just need to start planning better and be more prepared to spend time on the blog on the weekends. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete