New Pillows: DIY

After spending yesterday inside due to the "snowquester" I decided to get crafty and re-do some of the pillows I had lying around. I went to the fabric store around 5pm and decided I needed some brighter pillows to dress up the black and white theme in my room (I am sure the black and white theme surprises you). After wandering around the fabric store with no real direction, I settled on some flannel fabric because I figured that, worst case, the pillows would at least be soft. I fell in love with this purple and instantly bought a yard. 
I came home and immediately took off the ugly covers that came with my ikea futon pillows 4 years ago and ripped the stuffing out of the pillow. I never thought these pillows were very soft so I decided that taking them apart completely was my best bet. 
I never took the time to think about how easy sewing pillows would be, but they only took about 10 minutes a piece, including the cutting of the fabric, the pinning of the fabric and the actual sewing. In less than half an hour I had a whole new look for my bedroom. I couldn't be happier with my pillow update and am excited to start planning my next DIY. 
If you missed my headboard DIY you can check it out here







1 comment: