Moving Day: Part Two

I am happy to announce that moving day is finally over! After a few small issues everything was successfully loaded up on the truck and out of DC by 5pm yesterday. The morning started off with a call from the car shipping company telling me that they were unable to come into Arlington with their big truck and the closest they could meet me was Annadale, VA. Um, after googling where that was, I learned that I had a 20 minute drive ahead of me. Not too bad... but if I drove my car there, how would I get home? Well, after multiple calls and texts with the driver, she said she would drive me back to my house and then drive the car back to the big truck. Yay! Crisis averted.


That is, until she dropped me off and after ten minutes I realized I LEFT MY PURSE IN THE CAR. Inside my purse I had all my credit cards, my social security card, my passport, medications, everything ESSENTIAL. After calling over and over and over... I couldn't reach the car shippers. I broke down in tears. I was convinced that nothing would solve this crisis and I had my first (and only!) real meltdown of the day. After sobbing in my living room, while waiting for the moving company, the lady called me back and offered to bring me my purse. YAY! Crisis 2: solved.

After another hour or so, the moving company finally arrived. It took them about 4 hours to get everything into the truck with three of them wrapping everything and carrying it outside. We had a blast chatting about everything from Drake to naked customers. I couldn't have asked for a more fun crew.



Halfway point!





After we got everything on the truck I asked if we could snap some photos inside the truck. Luckily, they were willing to let me. It was so fun seeing everything all boxed up and in the truck. All of my hard work over the last few weeks was finally paying off!

After everything was on the truck and the movers hit the road, I hit up 7-11 for some snacks to carry me through until dinner. The first time I ate all day was at 4:30pm. Definitely a mistake. Next time I move I am keeping snacks around. All in all, the day went pretty smoothly. I decided to finish up my last few hours in the house by camping out on the hardwood and catching up on email.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment