Stop and Smell the Roses


I think it would be an understatement to say things have been crazy around here over the past week. I decided to stay in my current job for an extra week to help out for our annual conference and it has really added more to my plate than I initially anticipated.

In the past week, I have given notice at my apartment, shown the apartment to prospective renters, found out that my property management company is going to come in April 1st and do a complete remodel, canceled the cable, booked a trip to New Jersey (for this week), packed everything in my house (except a few clothes and my non-perishable food in the pantry), signed a contract with a moving company and more. I never realized how stressful a cross-country move was when trying to balance a full-time job, a blog and more. 

Because I have chosen to stay in DC an extra week, I had to figure out where to live for a week as I have to be out of my house on the 31st. The moving company is coming to pick everything up, including my car, that morning. I have a hotel room set and I think everything is finally coming together. Not to mention, I finally found a house in Nevada and cannot wait to move in. Um, did I mention how CUTE it is?

Yesterday afternoon, while taking a break from this crazy packing life, I wandered around Nordstrom and saw this bangle staring at me. It's the cutest rose gold Kate Spade bangle that says "stop and smell the roses". I think it's a perfect reminder right now that although everything is extremely crazy, I need to take the time to "smell the roses" as I finish up my last 12 days here in DC. 

Follow on Bloglovin

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to Rosewholesale!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your move! Sounds like you have a lot going on and need to reward yourself for getting it all together by buying yourself a new bracelet!! : )

    ReplyDelete