Friday Fancies: Red Carpet Ready



Red Carpet Ready
Dress: Notte by Marchesa  Shoes: Jimmy Choo  Clutch: Michael Kors  Necklace:  Cartier

I am so excited to be linking up with Alison of Long Distance Loving for today's Friday's Fancies post. This week's theme is Red Carpet Ready in anticipation for the Oscars this weekend. I can't wait to see the looks (and colors!) coming down the carpet this weekend. If I were ever lucky enough to attend the event, I know I would want to be seen in a Marchesa gown.
Also, confession: I have seen NONE of the movies nominated for an Academy Award. I know, I know, embarassing. Last year I think we saw at least 6 going into the awards weekend. I guess I have some catching up to do AFTER the awards this year.
What film was your favorite? Anything I must see before Sunday? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


8 comments:

  1. oh man, I'm so behind on the films too! I know what we'll be doing this weekend... haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of red and gold! I've only seen a few, but would def recommend seeing Lincoln! It's my pick for best picture!

    I'm hosting a fabulous giveaway on my blog! Check it out when you get the chance! www.llstyling.com

    xoxo, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Lindsay! I love your giveaway! I definitely entered :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh. LOVE. I need that necklace.

    PS. guess who made her own maxi skirt last night? I bought some 1.99 knit fabric just to play with and used a tutorial from that blog you sent me yesterday (though I adapted it slightly). I can tell you the following. Knits are a bitch to pin, iron and cut in a straight line. Good news though. it doesn't fray so no hemming! Yay! I'm so excited about this new skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO IMPRESSED. I think you need to post this maxi on your blog ASAP. I must see it! I want to sew this weekend. You may have just inspired me!

      Delete
  4. Love this - very red carpet!

    Happy Friday & have a great weekend!
    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete
  5. go see silver lining playbooook!
    and then can we have popcorn and cocktails for the red carpet?? we should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning-- so classic and perfect for the Academy Awards!
    xx, Emily
    http://soanthro.com

    ReplyDelete