hiSTORY of my Yellow Dress







Dress: Laundry by Shelli Segal similar here  Shoes: Target  Sunglasses: Forever 21  Necklace: J.Crew  Watch: Michael Kors  Bracelets: Stella and Dot  Nail Polish: Color Club Mod in Manhattan

While reading Anna's blog post the other day, I realized that I too grew up thinking that "blondes can't wear yellow." I am not sure where I picked up that little tidbit, but I am so glad that I have gotten over my fear of the color and started to wear it more often. Yellow can be so flattering and it is bound to cheer you up anyday.

I haven't worn this dress before and have been waiting for just the right day to pull it out. I actually bought this dress months ago (somehow it called my name in the middle of winter!) and I knew that I could not wear it until I had just the right pair of shoes. Nude heels were the only thing I could see it with and as soon as I scored these heels (under $30!) I knew the outfit was complete. 

As you probably know, thrifting is one of my favorite things to do on the weekend-- and I found this dress at my local Goodwill with original tags on the dress. Better yet, it was $16. I've said it before and I will say it again, I seriously live by the best Goodwill around. I couldn't have been more excited to find this yellow number and I am so happy to finally have put it to good use.

2 comments:

  1. I don´t wear yello for that same reason..yellow is not for blondes..or light skin...but thats just a mith ....Yellow is a very positive color..and it suits blondes you look great!
    www.trendsvip.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is adorable! Love it paired with the white sunnies :)

    And whoever said blondes can't wear yellow must've been the same person who came up with the rule about redheads wearing red. What do they know?! ;)

    XO, Alison
    www.ChainStrapPurse.com

    ReplyDelete