Packing for a Week-long Trip

week long trip

With all of the travel I've been doing for work lately, I have come up with a few must-haves, especially for a week-long trip. Here are ten of my top picks:

1- iPad (+ a cute case). I mean, seriously. Where would I be without my iPad? It is pretty much all I use on the plane and it's great for catching up on blog posts, magazines and listening to music all at once. I currently have a hot pink case but am obsessed with this Kate Spade one.

2- Nail polish. While I find that many times before a trip I will schedule a nail appointment for a new shellac polish, it's always nice to carry a bottle with you in case of chips. Light colors are perfect for this because they don't show chips as easily. And, who doesn't love white nails in the summer?

3. Crop Top. Normally, I wouldn't say this is a must for a week-long trip but this versatile piece has really grown on me. It looks cute with skirts and can also be worn over a bathing suit to the pool or beach. I strongly recommend packing one of these bad boys for any trips this summer. Also, gold jewelry. You didn't think I would have an outfit post without it, did you?

4. Versatile skirts. This Kate Spade one is one of my absolute faves and seriously goes with 90% of my wardrobe. Having flexibility in the the pieces you pack is key to getting the most out of your limited suitcase. I am traveling to a few cities over the next week and pairing skirts with different shirts is going to be essential for my outfit success.

5. Dresses. Dresses. Dresses. I think most of what I pack when traveling is dresses because they are so easy to wear to work and out for drinks or dinner afterwards. Plus, they work well for casual weekend outings or playing tourist. It's no secret I've been loving navy this year and this dress is no exception. Plus, if you are sitting in cold conference rooms all day, this pairs well with a cute cardi. 

6. A cute cardigan (or four). As I mentioned, many times conference rooms are cool while the temperatures outside are scorching. I highly recommend never leaving the house without a cardigan in your bag. You never know when you will need that extra layer. I am a huge fan of grey but I tend to always pack a black one and a white one just in case. 

7. A clutch. For those nights that turn out to be a little later than just dinner. Always make sure you have one just in case. And who doesn't love a bright colored clutch to spice up the night? 

8. A watch. I know that almost everyone relies on their cell phone for the time these days, but I am a huge fan of wearing a watch. Especially while flying. I am one of those people who counts down the minutes until I can get off the plane and it's much easier to watch the time creep by with a watch on my wrist. Plus, they are a great accessory.

9. A bathing suit. It's summer. Hotels have pools. This one is a no-brainer. Also, I am quite into leopard lately and have a bathing suit identical to this one.

10. Leather sandals. I have been living in my Sam Edelman pair this summer but wouldn't mind adding these Tory Burch lovelies to the mix. They match everything and look like they would really hold up. Leather sandals are a must for any major summer travel.

Anything else I should add to my list?
Follow on Bloglovin 

Don't forget about my event at Veritas Empowerment Boutique next week. Get the deets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment