Balloon Race Weekend


hot air balloons, reno balloon races, great reno balloon race, reflection of balloons in water
Photo from 2012

This upcoming weekend is one of my favorite weekends in the Reno area because this weekend is the annual Balloon Races. The races include almost 100 hot air balloons and it's the perfect way to start any weekend morning. Coffee. Friends. Balloons. Sunrise. I love it. Maybe it's because I am a morning person.

I have gone to the Balloon Races every year of my life that I have lived in Reno. It started out as a tradition with my family when I was younger and I have carried it into my adult life as well. I even love waking up in the middle of the night (read: 3:30am) to get to the park in time to see the dawn patrol-- when the balloons light up in the middle of the dark park. I know it's nerdy to be so in love with a local event but it never seems to get old. Plus, with the college football game on Friday night, there is a chance I can convince a few people to stay up after the game and walk over to the park afterwards.

Oh, and here's a little number for Flashback Friday. I found this post from when I came home for the Balloon Races a few years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment