Recruitment Weekend 2014

University of Nevada, recruitment weekend

University of Nevada, recruitment weekend



I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm never gonna grow up. This past weekend (and a few nights during the week) I spent my time up on campus helping out with sorority recruitment for my old chapter. It has been years since I participated in a full recruitment and I forgot how much I loved it. It's not just about the decorations and the stories, but it's always so fun to see how much has grown and what great friendships have developed. I know it's cheesy, but I wouldn't have had my weekend any other way. Sure, it's crazy to think that staying up until 3am entering data and chatting with teenagers sounds fun, but there is a part of me that thrives on that kind of stuff and I love giving my time to these wonderful ladies.

I met so many great women over the past five days and I can't wait to see them grow over the next few years. I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without my friend Fran who flew into town to help out with everything. We had sleepovers, great meals and hilarious conversations at ridiculous hours of the night. I know it's not a typical "Monday-morning-what-i-wore" post, but I thought I would share a little bit of my life on here... and justify skipping a blog post on Friday.

I hope your weekend was full of as many laughs as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment