DIY Tank Top





Top: DIY  Shorts: Express (old)  Shoes: Target Cuff: The Limited similar here  Watch: Michael Kors  Bracelet: Alex and Ani  Sunglasses: Ray-Ban  Necklace: Stella and Dot

Over the weekend, while still being excited about sewing new projects, Brad mentioned that the cookout we were invited to had a strict "no sleeves" rule. Instead of just wearing a top I already owned, I decided to make another shirt to wear to the bbq. I took one of Brad's old broomball tees (it was a broomball bbq after all) and cut the back off. I thought it would be fun to add some stripes to the plain tee so I took the front of the shirt from yesterday's DIY and sewed it on to the back. I then cut off the sleeves and threw on some jewelry and was set to go.

 I love the way the tank came out and I think the contrasting pattern on the back is so fun. I am already looking for more shirts around the house to switch up like I did with this one. I can't wait to try more things with my sewing machine and see if I can transform some old clothes that I hardly wear anymore.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments: